Antimicrobial Medical Carriers
Versapak’s new range of antimicrobial medical bags are a major breakthrough technology within the medical sector, protecting and actively reducing the presence of microbes that lead to the colonisation and spreading of bacteria.
We’ve partnered with BioCote© to use their antimicrobial technology in all our medical bags which actively reduces bacteria on the surfaces within 1 hour.
Versapak Antimicrobial Medical Carriers
Versapak’s new range can be used for a multitude of specialist transport needs, including transporting blood, human tissue, vaccines and cancer drugs. The technology is even suitable for medical records and apparatus, anything that could pose a risk to the touch or be transmitted through contact with other materials.
The medical carriers are UN3373 and P650 compliant and feature padded and rigid insulation for protection and temperature control and are each fitted with Versapak’s patented T2 tamper evident zip closure.
Antimicrobial Technology at work
The following video will show you how quickly bacteria can either form and multiple on an untreated surface compared with how BioCote© technology moves to eliminate the bacteria.
BioCote© technology is proven, the benefits are simple:
- Products protected by BioCote® antimicrobial technology are easier to keep hygienically clean
- BioCote® provides antimicrobial protection for the expected lifetime of the product
- BioCote® technology can help reduce the risk of bacterial/microbial cross-contamination
BioCote is proven effective under laboratory conditions:
Tests performed on our products prove that BioCote® technology reduces bacteria by 99.5% after two hours and by 99.99% after 24 hours. In fact, it can significantly reduce 80% of the microbes within 15 minutes. Microbes such as:
- Viruses, including inactivating the influenza virus (H1N1)
- Bacteria including E.coli, MRSA, VRE and CRE strains
- Unpleasant mould such as Aspergillus Niger