Online privacy practices
Your right to privacy is important to us.
We are keen to strike a fair balance between your personal privacy and ensuring you obtain full value from the web site and the Products and services we may be able to market to you.
We are fully registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and ensure we comply with all protection the Act affords to you. Further information on the Act is on the internet at www.ico.gov.uk.
In some areas of our website, we ask you to provide information that will enable us to enhance your site visit or reply to you after your visit. This would include where you subscribe to our online newsletters or provide feedback to us through our contact form or when you complete any online survey we may offer from time to time. When you do so, we ask you to give us your name, e-mail address and other personal information that will be needed to supply the services to you. In relation to online newsletters you can 'unsubscribe' at any time. We may use your personal data for future email campaigns, support, notification of new Products or new versions, general correspondence regarding the Products and correspondence which may relate to you. If you would rather not receive future marketing emails from us please inform us by email at email@example.com.
The information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to support your customer relationship with us.
Types of information collected
When you use this website, we may collect and store the following types of information:
- Information you actively give us, such as details you provide about yourself and your business/company when you register with us, when you correspond with us using on line forms and questionnaires, and when you place an order with us.
- Information that may be collected automatically, using cookies and other technology. While most browsers allow you to turn cookies off, we would recommend you leave them turned on in order to get the most from our website.
Use of collected information
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To allow us to process your orders and payments, to correspond with you and to keep our records up to date.
- To personalise our site where appropriate, and to allow us to promote special products or services to you.
- To help us to make continual improvements to the site, including helping us to detect and prevent fraud or other misuse.
Access to collected information
- We do not sell or pass information about our web site visitors to other companies or individuals.
- Occasionally we outsource marketing and technical activity to a third party. These companies will only have access to information that is necessary for them to perform the task we ask them to do, but may not use it for any other purpose.
- By logging in to our web site, you can view and update your own data (but nobody else's). You may also see details of previous orders placed and other activities undertaken using your login ID and password.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of text that can be stored on your computer, phone or whatever device you use to surf the Internet by the websites you visit. Cookies have many uses, but fundamentally they are used to store information about you. You can find out more information about cookies at aboutcookies.org.
What cookies do we use?
Google Analytics is the program we use to collect statistics from our website to show us how visitors use our site. We use the information to create reports and to help us to constantly improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
|Name of cookie|| How long does it stay on my machine?
|__utmc||Until you close your browser|
Our site uses a session cookie which is essential for the site to function properly. By this point, the cookie will already have been set. You may delete and block all cookies from our site, but this may cause it to stop working properly.
|Name of cookie||How long does it stay on my machine?|
|PHPSESSID||20 minutes or until you close your browser|
This website uses sharing buttons associated with various social media services, all of which use remote cookies to recognise users who have previously logged in from the same computer/device. Cookies of this nature are quite controversial, and you would be well within your rights to refuse their use.
|Name of cookie||How long does it stay on my machine?|
How do I control which cookies are allowed?
You can use your internet browser's options to set the level of cookies your machine will accept. Instructions are provided below - please click the link for the browser you use.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
For further information from us on data protection and privacy contact:
The Data Protection Manager,
The Versapak Group
4 Veridion Way, Erith, Kent, DA18 4AL UK
Information on the Data Protection Act 1998 is also on the Information Commissioner's web site at www.ico.gov.uk.
Use of this Site is subject to our Conditions of use.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|