Versapak enjoy successful transition to new standard accreditation: ISO9001:2015
Versapak recently celebrated another success with the asuccessful transition of the highly sought after ISO 9001:2015 from ISO 9001:2008. Read on to learn more and find out what this means for the company.
Our new ISO: ISO 9001:2015
The standard requires us to continually improve the effectiveness of our Quality System. Improvement demonstrated by the regular measurement of objectives which are agreed to by top management/the board of directors and reviewed by the Quality System Management Review process.
Luc Marivoet summarises the ISO and we’ve extracted a few points from his informative piece over at Pauwels Consulting. It is worth noting that this standard is the world’s most popular and commonly used standard for quality management systems – but this is not a law. Rather, a standard is an agreement or best practice an organisation can (but doesn’t have to) apply for, but companies choose to apply for this one to symbolise trust, excellence, reliability and quality assurance.
What does the ISO 9001 standard specify?
This standard is built on 7 premises – 7 quality management principles:
- Customer focus (for instance our widely-used Recycle Your Seals scheme was in-part formulated from a customer-centric origin for customers wishing to reduce their businesses carbon footprint and improve their environmental impact);
- Engagement of people;
- Process approach (take Versapak’s custom bags which always arrive with our customers 4-6 weeks after they place their order);
- Improvement (evidenced in our recent innovation on medical bags with the addition of Antimicrobial technology);
- Evidence-based decision making;
- Relationship management
Customers are always thought of at Versapak. Leadership is strong and people are engaged. With a newly appointed warehouse operations manager and liaison with employees from accounts, the process approach is stronger than ever before. Improvement is at the heart of all we do here. This is illustrated through our sustainability initiatives such as the Recycle Your Seals scheme but also through product innovations as per our latest product: The patented Versapak T2 Security Seal. Decision makers formulate decisions logically and based on evidence and relationship management across various stakeholders in and outside of the business is held in high regard.
How is this different from ISO 9001:2008?
Simply put, ISO 9001:2015 has:
- 10 clauses (instead of 8 with 9001:2008)
- A greater focus on input and output
- A higher level structure
- Risk-based thinking at its core
All at Versapak are incredibly happy with the latest addition to our list of accreditations and are proud holders of ISO 9001:2015.